Thursday 9 July 2015

This is Amazing

Hi Anyone out there

If there is anyone out there.  Anyway I came across this video about the sewing method of cross stitch, which I really like, and thought I would share it.  I'm not entirely sure how to do this but I shall try.  Sorry I couldn't figure out to to do this.  But I will put a link here so that you can see how Louise May Glennon does it.

Louise Mae Glennon Stitching and using a Hoop

Hope you like this as much as I do because I really prefer to stitch whilst sort of watching TV and using a hoop when stitching anything small.

Until next time

Hugs

Patti xxx

4 comments:

  1. I have wanted to try a hoop because my hands are getting so painful, but didn't want to give up the sewing method. Thanks!! I can hear the Andy Griffith show and Mayberry in the background. I wish I could find it locally - loved those characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marly. Me too. When I was kid they were on TV all the time and I remember an older woman on that show that sat in a rocking chair on the deck of a house. Am I right about this? Thank you so much for your comment as well and so happy that I could help in some small way. Pxxx

      Delete
  2. The secret to be able to do the sewing method is to leave the fabric a little loose and use an small or medium, that way you can use you finger under the fabric to guide the needle. I still prefer the stab method with a floor stand frame, I like my fabric very tight. But for some kind of stitches the sewing method is require.

    Patti . love to seeing you posting again!! You have a beautiful blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mayte. Thank you so much for your lovely comments. I just wish I stitched faster using the two handed method because I really prefer it and have found now that I really don't like stitching in hand, which I what I used to prefer. I really like this blog - but sorry I deleted the other one to be honest. Nothing I can do about it now. Lots of Love Patti xxx

      Delete